At Skilled Inspections, we understand that your home is a significant investment. That’s why regular maintenance of your home should be taken seriously to ensure that it stays in good condition and is safe for years to come. An inspection can identify any existing issues with the structure, such as electrical problems or plumbing leaks. Still, only regular maintenance will prevent them from becoming major issues down the road. Here are some tips for maintaining your home after an inspection:
1. Inspect Your Home Periodically – Inspecting your home after an inspection is essential to ensure that any problems identified in the initial inspection have been fixed properly. It also helps you stay up-to-date on the condition of your home, as well as identify any new issues that could arise. Regular inspections can help you avoid costly repairs and maintain the value of your home. Additionally, knowing what needs to be done to improve or maintain your home’s condition can help you prioritize tasks and budget accordingly. A regular inspection can also help you keep track of changes in local building codes and regulations that may affect your property, so it pays to stay informed. Ultimately, regularly inspecting your home will help protect one of your most significant investments.
2. Clean Gutters Regularly – It is essential to keep your gutters cleaned after an inspection because clogged or damaged gutters can cause water damage to both the interior and exterior of your home. Not only can this lead to costly repairs, but it also puts you at risk of mold growth, which can have serious health consequences. Clogged gutters can also cause water to back up onto the roof, leading to roof deterioration and leaks. Additionally, overflowing water from clogged gutters can erode landscaping and flood basements or crawlspaces. Keeping your gutters clean will help prevent all of these issues and maintain a healthy home environment. Regular gutter inspections are beneficial in order to identify any potential problems early on so they don’t become larger issues down the road.
3. Change HVAC Filters Often – Regularly changing your HVAC filters is an integral part of maintaining the health and efficiency of your heating and cooling system. By regularly checking and replacing these filters, you can keep dust, dirt, and other airborne pollutants from entering your home and impacting air quality. Additionally, a clean filter allows for better airflow, which can help reduce energy costs by allowing the system to run more efficiently. Changing your HVAC filters also helps extend the life of the system since it reduces wear and tear on internal components. Finally, regular inspections and filter changes can help prevent costly repairs from occurring due to buildup or clogs in the system. All in all, regularly changing your HVAC filters after an inspection is essential for ensuring a healthy, efficient home environment.
4. Check for Pests – Regularly checking for pests after an inspection is essential because even one insect or rodent can quickly cause a lot of damage. If pests are not caught early, the infestation can spread throughout a home or business, leading to severe structural and health problems. Regular inspections help identify pest problems before they become more severe and also allow homeowners to take preventative measures such as sealing cracks and crevices in walls and floors to keep unwanted critters out. Regular inspections also provide an opportunity to monitor any changes that may occur in the environment, which could lead to possible pest activity. This can keep the property safe from potential future issues. Additionally, regularly checking for pests after an inspection helps protect against potential liabilities associated with a pest infestation, such as damage to property or harm to people. Finally, regularly inspecting a property can identify and manage any infestations quickly and properly.
5. Maintain Outdoor Spaces – Maintaining outdoor spaces after an inspection is critical to ensure that any areas of concern identified in the inspection are addressed. This helps keep outdoor spaces safe and free from hazards, as well as ensuring that they remain attractive and inviting for use. Regular maintenance also helps extend the life of outdoor spaces and make sure that they continue to look their best for years to come. It can also help catch potential problems before they become larger, more costly issues down the line. Regular maintenance includes tasks such as cleaning, trimming grass, pruning plants, repairing damaged structures or surfaces, and checking safety equipment or features regularly. Performing regular maintenance also helps maintain property value by keeping outdoor spaces looking good and in top working order. Maintaining any water-related features is also vital to ensure that they are functioning properly and free from potential hazards. Properly maintaining outdoor spaces after an inspection can help make sure that these areas remain safe, attractive, and inviting for years to come.
6. Schedule a termite inspection – Regularly scheduling termite inspections after a home inspection is important for identifying any existing and potential damage caused by termites. As wood-destroying organisms, termites can cause extensive damage to your home’s structure over time. This can lead to costly repairs down the line if left unaddressed. During a termite inspection, a trained specialist will be able to detect an infestation or identify any conditions that may increase the risk of an infestation in the future. They will also provide advice on how to reduce the chances of this happening by eliminating potential access points and other conducive conditions around your property. By taking these measures, you can help ensure your property remains safe from any devastating effects caused by pests like termites. In addition, regularly scheduled termite inspections after a home inspection can help protect the value of your property and prevent costly repairs in the future.
By following these steps, you can make sure your home stays in good condition for years to come. Regular maintenance is critical to preserving the value of your home, so don’t forget to schedule routine inspections with Skilled Inspections. Call us today for more information about our services! (918) 408-3652!